Can I apply for housing benefit?

If you live in the Netherlands and rent an independent living- space while having a low income, you can apply for a housing benefit, depending on the height of your rent. You must have either the Dutch nationality or a valid residence permit. You can also apply if you are from Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland.
Tenants of rooms in a group where kitchen, living-room and bathroom ar shared cannot apply. It is also not possible to apply for the benefit if you are registered on a postal address. 

For more information:

Telephone number Belastingdienst: 0800 – 0543

Telephone number for foreigners: +31 55 538 53 85