What is the University Leiden SCIS Housing online platform?
Universiteit Leiden SCIS Housing is an online platform on which international staff members and guests find a complete overview of available rooms, studios and apartments in Leiden and surroundings.
Changes to the privacy statement
Universiteit Leiden has the right to change this privacy statement. In order to keep up-to-date with the way we handle personal data, we encourage you to review this statement from time to time.
The following points are important here:
What data do we collect and what do we use this data for?
When you register at Universiteit Leiden SCIS Housing, we ask for the following personal details:
- First name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Country of residence
- City of residence
These details are necessary to distinguish individual candidates with the same surname and nationality. Further we use your details to determine your ranking on our priority and non-priority waiting list. In addition, we determine whether or not you are an international (guest)staff member.
Universiteit Leiden uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offering housing: We use your personal data for registering on our priority or non-priority waiting list, offering accommodation and find a good match between your housing requirements and the housing stock.
- Laws and regulations: We use your personal data for the implementation or application of laws and regulations (for example appropriate allocation).
- Archive destination: We use your personal data for archival management, scientific, statistical or historical research.
- Document management: We use your personal data for processing incoming and outgoing documents. Think, for example, of mail registration and e-mail archiving.
- Other internal management: We use your personal data that is necessary to properly run and improve Universiteit Leiden.
Universiteit Leiden uses your personal details to contact you for allocating housing and for the construction of a rental contract. Private providers and commercial parties may advertise at Universiteit Leiden, but they cannot use the housing mediation system. They therefore do not have your personal data via Universiteit Leiden.
Your personal data will be kept no longer than necessary. The exact period of time is based on the type of the personal data and the legal obligations or business purposes for retaining it.
If you have any questions or comments after reading this privacy statement, please fill out the contact form on the website.